High blood pressure can be caused from certain medication's that we take and food's that are high in salt. High blood pressure is also called Hypertenstion, and that is when your blood pressure is 140/90 mmHg or higher.
When kidney's are unable to do their job right, water will be pushed aside in the body. Eventually it turns into excess water weight that puts a huge strain on the kidney's and causes blood pressure to skyrocket. One way to know if you have water weight is if it jiggles like a water bed, then it water weight.
SIGNS OF KIDNEY DISEASE
- Swelling of the hands,legs,feet, face and often the stomach.
- Trouble breathing
- Back or leg pain. Back pain is located near kidneys and leg pain would be located in the calves.
- Changes in Urination such as going more than normal but with a lighter color, or less than normal with a darker color.
- Intolerance to the cold.
- Nausea and/or Vomiting
- Skin rashes and/or itching of the skin
- Odd taste in mouth. Either having a metallic like taste in mouth. Or having Ammonia breath.
- Decline in cognitive function such as memory problems,trouble paying attention,having trouble concentrating etc.
Since the kidney's are unable to filter the blood properly, your skin will help in taking the stress off of them. When you sweat you release toxins from under the skin, the same goes for your kidneys. In general if you have kidney disease, most of the waste will be pushed through your skin throughout the day.
To help put less strain on the kidney's you should exercise everyday. Make sure to work up a sweat so you can get more of the uremia out.
Another thing you need to realize is that alot of medication's we take can cause high blood pressure, which means they are very bad on the kidney's. If you suffer from kidney disease it may be time to think about switching to at home treatments instead of DR prescribed medications. They put alot less strain on the kidney's than regular medications.
You should also consider taking a extended release diuretic daily to help lower your blood pressure. It also helps by ridding the body of excess fluids, salt and potassium. Make sure to drink water if you decide to take a diuretic.