Nursing Home

Contribution by Kennith Griffin
I run a medium sized nursing home for elderly people. It has been a calling all my life to work with older people. I guess I just have a heart for them. We have people in all different stages of health. There is an area of our home that has people living there that really don’t need too much help yet. They are at the stage where they can no longer live by themselves, but need someone close by just in case anything happens where they might need assistance. Then there are people who roll around in wheel chairs needing assistance getting to the cafeteria and in and out of bed. Lastly there are people who are totally bedridden or who have Alzheimer’s and don’t know who or what they are talking about. When I first bought this place I was more interested in running the business and saving money like getting our electricity payments down through Reliant Energy. But now that I have been here a while, I have grown to love the people that live here. You can learn so much from older people. Some of them may have bodies that have worn out, but their minds are still very sharp. Those are the people I enjoy being around the most.

Post a Comment

0 Comments